Before you sign a contract on that beautiful luxury home in Palm Beach you should have a professional home inspection performed. What you don’t know can cost you.
Oftentimes buyers can become overwhelmed by the "sizzle" of a luxury home. The clean lines, gorgeous façade, excellent landscaping and amazing interior spaces can blind a buyer to the flaws that exist that can significantly affect the health and value of the home.
- Energy inefficient design. Inadequate venting of the roof is a common problem in a Palm Beach luxury home. This single deficiency can inflate your electric bill by 20% or more.
- No sealant on wood exterior doorframes and window frames cause rot beneath the paint.
- Older mechanical breaker panels and other controls are also energy wasters.
- Paint scrapped clean off the tops and bottoms of exterior doors create rot and rust.
- Warped window frames allow expensive air conditioned air to pass through to the great outdoors.
- Inappropriate building materials that won’t stand up to the Palm Beach tropical climate will eventually warp or crack.
There are dozens of other items like this, many caused by builders taking shortcuts that drive up monthly operating costs and create major repair jobs in the future. They are not easy to see without knowing where to look. The seller probably isn’t even aware of them.
The Value of a Professional Home Inspection
The owner will have a traditional "house inspection" done and will be hard pressed to believe that his home is not in tip top condition unless he is presented with a professional home inspection report. The traditional "home inspection" only checks for code violations, obvious safety concerns and that the electrical and plumbing systems work.
By having a team of experienced builders and property developers with decades of experience (who have probably used "shortcuts" during their time as a contractor) ferret out the deficiencies the buyer can use their findings as leverage when negotiating cost. This can result in a significant savings on a multi-million dollar home.
If this approach makes sense to you, give me a call today and we can arrange an initial appointment. Make sure the investment you are about to make is buying the value you are paying for.