A septic tank can be one of the most effective ways to dispose of household waste. Most common septic tank problems and failures are due to the soak-away and not to the septic tank itself. Septic tank repairs can be costly so identifying the issues early is crucial.
Some of the signs of a soak-away failure are:
- The toilet keeps overflowing.
- The drains are beginning to make strange gurgling sounds.
- When you empty a sink, it backs up to the shower or bathtub.
- You notice an overflow where your washing machine is hooked-up.
- You smell foul air and see wet waste beginning to show up on your land.
- You smell stinky odors coming from the drains in your house.
- The toilets become slow when you flush them.
- Your drain inspection chambers begin to fill-up with waste. Ideally, these areas should be empty.
- Nearby streams and ditches become polluted.
- You notice that there are dips in the soil near either the soak-away drain or near the septic tank.
If you are experiencing any of these contact a professional right away. If you have any questions regarding septic tanks or home inspection issues contact us at Windridge Olen Exports today.